Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

launching access from a browser window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagk

Technical User
May 9, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have a problem trying to open an access 2002 database (i.e. an mdb file) from within a browser window (I.E. ver 6 sp2). I am not expecting it to open within the browser but to open with its native application (i.e. access 2002) which is installed on the pc. The hyperlink points to the mdb file within the web page and when a user clicks on the link I get the usual messages:

"Do you want to open or save this file"

I click open

"The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?"

I click on Run (choice is run or don't run)

And then nothing more happens. I would normally expect Access to kick in and load the mdb file. Does anyone know why Access is not initiating? If I save the file and double click it access opens normally displaying the database.

I would start by checking file associations to make sure mdb is linked to access.

The answer is "42"

Try adding the website/server where both the link & the access file are stored to IE's 'trusted sites' zone.

The file associations are fine. I can copy the mdb file to my "c" drive, double click it and it opens up in Access no problem. I have also added the full file path to the "trusted" web sites of my browser but again this hasn't seem to have made any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back