Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LaunchINFSectionEx function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taepes

Programmer
Oct 8, 2004
BE
Hello,

I'm wondering to know if the 'nShow' parameter of the LaunchINFSectionEx function is properly implemented as described in the MS Platform SDK.

I'm using this function to install some IE hotfixes silently on our Windows XP & Windows NT4 computers.

I'm interested in this parameter because I want to be sure that the computer won't do a reboot after the installation (the script which call the function manages itself the reboot).

The MS Platform SDK indicates that the type of this parameter is Integer. But the values suggested are 'A', 'I' & 'N'.

I've tried to use these values, but it seems to have no influence. The computer never reboot (but the hotfix is successfully installed)...

It's quiet strange because the default value is 'I' (Reboot if needed) and when the hotfix is lauched manually, it asks to reboot the computer.

Does anybody use this kind of method to deploy (IE) hotfixes?

Thanking you in advance.

e.g.:

rundll32.exe Advpack.dll, LaunchINFSectionEx crlupd.inf,DefaultInstall,,36,N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back