Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

launch.asp may be invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinNSun

MIS
Jun 13, 2003
US
My brain is stuck. I've gotten this error in the past, but I am drawing a blank.
I just installed Citrix MF XPe FR2 on a w2k server with SP2, joined it to the existing farm. I installed Office and Acrobat on it. I can launch run the locally, but I get the error popup:

Unable to launch applications. The remote server maybe down, the launch.asp file location mayb be invalid, or the launch.asp file contains errors.

I get this when trying launch apps, or a desktop. I can run management console from this machine and see the far and all published apps. I can see this server from the farm as well.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Yes, I can access it from the web client but not the PNAgent. I think it's a configuration issue.

Thanks

check your template.ica file for errors.

The thing is I only get this when accessing applications residing on one server in farm. I can get to all other applications on all the other servers.

OK, I loaded up some utilities, and ran dsverify and queryhr. The only thing I found was the master ranking of the new server is the same as an existing one. Would this cause the issue?

I have been able to connect to to the desktop and applications with the full Citric client and NFuse, still no luck with the PNAgent.

OK, I figured out the problem. Under the Metaframe tab the Citrix XML Service is set to: Sharing with IIS.

I tried ctxxmlss /r443, but received the error that the port was already in use. How can I get the xml port to register 443 under metaframe?

You can't use the 443 port. Despite that IIS is not enabled, somehow it registers port 443, and cannot be used by other processes.
Since the port is only used between NFuse/WI and the metaframe farm, you can choose any port yo ulike.

Free citrixprinting support

I managed to get it on 443, I exported the registry key:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CtxHttpfrom a working server and imported it to one in question. I can access the desktop, and all published apps from the Client, PNAgent, and Nfuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back