Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Launch a Citrix desktop at windows logon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpanther56

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
GB
I've installed the Xenapp program neighborhood on an XP desktop and set it up so when I double click the hosted app it opens and I get a full screen server logon screen. I'd like to be able to get this to launch and connect at logon with no user intervention how do I go about this?

It works like this on our Windows CE thin clients but I can't seem to make it work on an XP box.

We're running Citrix PS 4.5 with feathure pack 1.

Thanks.

you could try placing a shortcut to the app in the All Users startup folder (c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\startup)

-Geates

Can you create a shortcut to the app outside of the program neighborhood window I can't seem to find a way?

Thanks.

I'm sure there is an easier way, but being a programmer, I would write a vb script to launch at startup and wait for citrix to connect. If the icon is being pushed to the desktop, I would then launch it.

-Geates

Thanks Geates, yes I didn't realise you could drag apps out of the PN window and put them on the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back