Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

!!!!!LATINAS inc.com Needs your Help!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddyboy

Technical User
Apr 18, 2000
US
We are currently revamping the site and plan to have rollovers play a sound. However, all steps are being followed to make this happen but for some reason we keep getting a dialog box that wants to to download the wav file onto ones hard drive when viwed in a IE browser instead of actually automatically playing the wav when rolled over. Any help will greatly appreciated!!! Does anyone know what audio files are supported by DW, maybe the wav file format is the prob?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [sig][/sig]

I dont think that the .wav type is your probem. Check the tutorial/extension sites for extensions that simplify this process. [sig][/sig]

Could you be a little more specific as to where that might be located? Nevertheless I'm on it [sig][/sig]

If you can, it would be far better to do it in Flash. DW can do this but not smoothly. And you need to make sure the .wav will load first to insure that its in the cache. Otherwise, well, its just not a good look. If you want to the follow up the Flash recommendation I am a Flash programmer and can do the job for you quickly and at a resonible rate. Reply to this if your interested. [sig][/sig]

Thanks Baph but I am building a flash site already. I just want my html site a little jazzed up. All we need is a tiny sound for a rollover to work. like 2k or something close to that size.

Send a rate sheet to: sgv_latino@yahoo.com I may need help with flash somewhere down the line, and where you're from.

Thanks

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!! [sig][/sig]

Yo freddyboy,
Try the venerable DW behavior "play sound". I've used it in conjunction with a swap image behavior with both on mouseover and it works just fine.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back