Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Latest Windows Update - End of Service

pjw001

Technical User
Aug 12, 2002
GB
I have just had a Windows update installed and the message below is at the start of the "Learn more" details. (I am running 23H2 build 22631.4169.)

The message is:

07/09/24---END OF SERVICE NOTICE---

IMPORTANT Home and Pro editions of Windows 11, version 22H2 will reach end of service on October 8, 2024. Until then, these editions will only receive security updates. They will not receive non-security, preview updates. To continue receiving security and non-security updates after October 8, 2024, we recommend that you update to the latest version of Windows.

Note We will continue to support Enterprise and Education editions after October 8, 2024.

Is this something I should worry about? Am I not on the latest version of Windows?

You wrote "I am running 23H2 build 22631.4169."

That's the current version of Windows 11 and won't go end-of-service until Nov 11, 2025.

See this Microsoft Lifecyle doc for Windows 11 Home and Pro: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-11-home-and-pro

You have nothing to worry about Windows 11 version 22H2 going end-of-service. It won't affect you. For all Microsoft's much-vaunted (and criticised) telemetry, it obviously couldn't work out that you were not supposed to receive a notice that was not applicable to your device.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the reply and in particular for the link to the appropriate microsoft page.

It did seem a bit strange, but looking at it again in the light of what you have said I see that the notice does specify version 22H2. I should have spent less time panicing and more time reading the information.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back