Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LATEST UPGRADE STOPS IP ACCESS OF ROUTER 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

moveit

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
GB
I have two computers connected through a router. I access the router information by typing the IP in the Explorer Address box. I use ZeroAlarm Pro 5 and have just installed their latest version 5.0.590.015.
To ensure that I did not loose my settings I installed it as an upgrade. Now I cannot access the router by entering the IP address. I get the message The page cannot be displayed. If I disable the ZeroAlarm it works but as soon as I re-activate the firewall access to the router is again stopped.
I have tried different settings but no success. I have emailed ZeroAlarm but no response. Has anyone had this problem with their new software download and can anyone help?
Access to the internet and emails is okay. It is just the router that has the problems.

Hi

You should check your alert log to see what Zonealarm is blocking from your router IP.

That would be a good clue for the problem.

Good luck

Check the Zone Alarm forums. A lot of people are having troubles with Version 5.

had similar problem with a router ended uninstalling ver 5 and going back to vers 45.594 and all problems gone. just remember to shut down ZA on start up, reboot, then uninstal.

I eventually got through to a Zonealarm technician via emails and after much trying different things, he informed me that version 5 had problems with networking and that I should go back to version 4 until the next upgrade in which the problem should have been sorted.
Hope this assists others having the same trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back