Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

latest testking 70-284 practice exam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

roary

Technical User
Mar 18, 2004
GB
Hi there,

Does anyone know what the latest version of this 70-284 Exhange exam testking are on now.

I am using v39.0 but there may be a newer one. Their site used to tell you but now it just last updated Mar 07.

Many thanks,
Roary.

Using testking not only cheats yourself, but also contributes to the devaluation of technical certifications for everyone.

Not only that, but they are notorious for having wrong answers.

And there is some speculation that their theft may be why we can't take MS tests at VUE centers anymore.

There are many providers of exam preparation... why not choose a legitimate one?

Lilliabeth
-Why use a big word when a diminutive one will do?-

The thing that honks me off is that the Microsoft books don't even prepare you totally for the test exams in the back of the book, let alone what's actually on the test! Between the exams in the back of the book, testking, and the real exam, testking was closer.

I agree that you are cheating yourself if you just memorize the answers and don't understand the concepts but let's be real, people. When teachers get upset that students when students ask "is it going to be on the test?" Well, teacher, why are they asking that? Maybe because the grade is the only measure of their understanding of the material? If the test is the be-all and end-all of learning, why wouldn't they be focused on that to exclusion of all else?

As for these IT certs, I enjoy learning the material but the tests really don't accurately reflect the real world. They're sort of like how Olympic events were based on real world military skills and ended up becoming abstracted and removed from the practical application. When you can know the material and still fail the test, that's when you know you have a bad test.

Anyway, that's just my personal little rant on the issue.

gregmuir2 said:
Between the exams in the back of the book, testking, and the real exam, testking was closer.
If you only compare either the practice exams included in the Microsoft books (which intentionally try not to have exact exam questions) and Testking exams (which intentionally try not to have exact exam questions, and often have incorrect answers), then you're limiting yourself.

There are plenty of other good test prep materials out there besides the two that you mention.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE: Security 2003

I have heard many good things about Transcenders. Are these legit, - or will you be cheating if you use them as well?

I found "SelfTest" reasonably good when preparing for Microsoft exams, - the good thing about these testing programmes is that they focus you on the exam material, - SelfTest was great, because it told you WHY the right answers were right and WHY the wrong answers were wrong.
I learnt quite a bit from SelfTest and ended up filling in gaps in my knowledge, - also, it was an indicator of what areas I needed to brush up in.

As for TestKing and memorising answers, - I really do think that's got to be nye on impossible what with SO MANY questions surely!???

That depends on how you use them.

If you just read a book, then use Transcender (or any such app) to prep for a test, you're cheating yourself. And others.

If you know the product fairly well, then use Transcender to isolate areas that you need to focus on, then you're doing yourself a favor, and you will be better prepared.

YMMV, of course. Lilliabeth is right on in the first reply.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

I checked out the test king for 70-290 to see what it had; i have experience with win2003 and I first noticed that the info was HORRIBLE for typo's and incorrect questions/answers. some answers were related to Win2000 but the questions were referring to Win2003! Just another tidbit that some of these places have wrong data, or just having typo's in them, makes the learning that much more off-track.

TestKing is an exam dump, as in having the real questions. That fact alone rules out any legitimate use of TestKing as a study aid. It is not an AID to have the real questions (and mostly the real answers) beforehand. Anyone that tries to justify their use of TestKing is just fooling themselves.

If you want to practice the format of real exam questions and also gauge your knowledge before booking the test (and also as a general study aid) there are plenty of legitimate test exam providers out there, Transcenders and Self-Test normally being the most highly rated.

The only good thing about TestKing is the amount it's ripped off in file sharing etc. Every person that rips them off gets a thumbs up from me :p

Measure up software is pretty good for MS exams, I found myself concerned with the simulations when I first started the MCSE track and Measure Up really helped.

When you consider the majority of the quesitons are answered incorrectly on the Testking material if you don't know your subject well enough you'll take what they say for granted and fail anyway. Not much point in tainting your certs, each to there own though I suppose.

Probably best to avoid them though, especially considering last I heard they have legal action pending against them and use of there material if proved probably means you'll have you certs taken off you.

Passed Security + today with 814, just 70-298 and 299 to go then i'm having a break! Must admit I do find this site handy for tips and advice so thanks to everyone so far. I'm off to update my signature!

A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCSA
70-270-passed
70-290-passed
70-291-passed
70-293-passed
70-294 passed

Be careful buying Testking Interactive. I read that they charge you a big amount of money and then the test has a timeframe of 90 days. If you could not complete the test in that amount of time, tough luck, you have to buy it again because when you attempt to open the tests, it says that it has expired. I understand if the test do not update, but that you cannot even look at the old information that was there when you purchased, it is ridiculus. It is like telling me that I cannot view an old movie that I bought in DVD because it has expired. Idiotic!!!!

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions
Computer Repair, Website Design and Computer Consultant
Small Business Resources
Anime, Manga and Video Games

A combination of MS press and exam cram books usually does the trick, the exam cram books come with a test exam and a sheet telling you areas that you should focus on. I usually read that book to help pick my weak areas and then use the internet or MS press books for extra reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back