Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Latest ECMAscript for back button

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve100

Technical User
Aug 15, 2002
GB
Hi, can anyone tell me what the latest ECMAscript is for this line of javascript which allows a user to go back a page:

onclick="javascript:history.back();return false"

I need it to work in all browsers including Mozilla Firebird

Thanks

No sorry this does not work in Mozilla Firebird

Steven

this is core js and works flawlessly in FB.

are you using frames?

=========================================================
-jeff
try { succeed(); } catch(E) { tryAgain(); }

Hi jemminger, I never use frames and the code doesn't work in Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1. The onclick always fails and defaults to the index.htm href backup.

The exact line of code I am using is

<h1><a href=&quot;../index.htm&quot; id=&quot;back&quot; onclick=&quot;history.go(-1);return false&quot; onkeypress=&quot;history.go(-1);return false&quot;><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name=&quot;col1boxheading&quot; --><!-- TemplateEndEditable --></a></h1>

In CSS I am styling up a background image for the h1 a element - and displaying this as a block level element. The <!-- TemplateBeginEditable name=&quot;col1boxheading&quot; --><!-- TemplateEndEditable --> line of code is Dreamweaver specific and allows me to include the back button within a site template.

The code works in NN6, IE6.0, Opera 7.0, Mozilla 1.4

Thanks
Steven

what OS?

works fine for me in FB 0.6.1 and 0.7 on WinXP Pro

-jeff

Hi,

Windows 2000 OS - would that make any difference? surely the ECMAscript is interpreted by Moz FB javascript interpreter?

Steve

not sure if it would make any difference...

how about reinstalling 0.6.1 or 0.7?

-jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back