Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Latest date from table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwmark

Technical User
Jun 5, 2007
US

I am creating an inventory reorder report and have a similar question.
I want to display only the last date purchased of the selected sku_id.
I grouped by Sku_id and suppress the details, then added the purchase date (from a seperate table) to the group footer with other displayed info. This gives me the first purchase date not the last.
All groups sort accending.

What am I doing wrong???
Crystal 10

Similiar question to what?

Please post your Crystal version and the dtaabase being used.

Use Report->sort (it'll be slightly different depending on your Crystal version) and seletc the date and ascending.

Or use the Report->Selection Formula->Group and place:

{table.date} = maximum({table.date},{table.sku})

Then you can just use the details for display.

-k

similar to thread - Showing latest date from group
Crystal Version 10 (see bottom of orig Post)
Database Mysql 4.1

The Report sort worked!

But... It is omitting items from the sku_id table if there is no data in the date purchased table (ie.new items)

Thanks

Use a left join FROM the sku table to the purchase table. Then change your group selection formula to:

isnull({table.date}) or
{table.date} = maximum({table.date},{table.sku})

-LB

lb, this didnt work
should the Left outer Join be enforced or reversed or???
I also noticed that some of the dates are not showing from the purchase table (where data exists.
The results of what is displayed checks out

Do you have any selection criteria on your purchases table? This will undo the left join in effect.

Please show a sample of your data before group selection and then one after. Then also show what you expect to see.

-LB

No selection critera on purchase table but several on the sku_id table

the selection formula doesnt seem to have any effect
here is what I have :
isnull ({ic_inventory_receipt_item.INVOICE_DATE}) or{ic_inventory_receipt_item.INVOICE_DATE}= maximum({ic_inventory_receipt_item.INVOICE_DATE},{IC_SKU.IC_SKU_ID})

Sample
skudescription lastpurchdate qtypurch skucost otherdetails

You can go to a web page I created to see what I mean

I can't follow your linking (you should click on auto arrange to clear up the view). Note that once you use a left outer join, all tables to the right of the left outer join need to be left joined.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back