Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Last version of Clipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsylves

Programmer
May 2, 2001
US
Dumb question today -
What was the last version of Clipper before VO?

I really need help!
I have a cd with database files on them which are DBF, NTX and SMT extensions. I need to find a way to convert these into readable MS Office formats either through Access or Excel. I do not have the clipper program.

How do i do this?

Thanx!

Clipper 5.3b was the last CA versioin of Clipper

Access will read .DBF files directly. I'm not sure if it can deal with the .NTX (index) files. I have no idea what .SMT files are.

SMT files are a propietary Memo file format originally brought out by a company Successware. The company now has the Apollo Database Server and does have an OLE-DB product that may be useful. The orginal RDD (Replaceable Data Driver) used to create the SMT data is still sold by HalloGram Publishing - see link

There are tools like DataJunction that are designed to do conversions between many different file formats, and their product does support the standard Clipper (DBF/NTX) files, but the SMT will have to be done elsewhere (like the RDD)

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back