Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

last successfull/unsuccessfull login

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaDude4

Programmer
Jul 14, 2000
US
Hi,
I am running a program called Documentum on an HP-UX 10.20 machine. For some strange reason, when the last unsucessfully login is more recent than the last successfull login for the Documentum admin account(as displayed when logging in), the program will not operate correctly ans indicates that it thinks the account is disabled. The situation can be fixed by telnetting or rlogining onto the machine with that account so as to set the last successfull login to be more recent. I currently have to do this every morning (the nightly backup procedure seems to screw up the login???), and would like to automate it. (I have given up on figuring out what is wrong with Documentum)
Does anyone know of a way to make a script which will either allow me to telnet or rlogin (or any other way of setting the last successfull login date) to accomplsih this? I have tried the following:
telnet machineIP << _END_
userid
password
_END_
to no avail.

Thanks,
Me

Have you tried this: -

Create a trustred user by editing .rhosts in the Documentum home directory.

Entry should be something like this: -
othermachineIP usrername
othrmachimeID username

Enter into othermachine script: -
rsh -l Documentum machineIP ls

P.S. Have you checked the Documentum .profile file to see if there is some kind of failed login routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back