Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

last() equivalent problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalto

Programmer
Apr 1, 2004
CA
Hi, i'm currently migrating an access database to an Access Project and i'm trying to achieve this in SQL Server:

Code:
SELECT dbProductionCard.ProductID, Last(dbProductionCard.ClosingDate) AS LastOfClosingDate
FROM dbProductionCard
GROUP BY dbProductionCard.ProductID, dbProductionCard.Completed, dbProductionCard.TransfertToInventory
HAVING (((dbProductionCard.Completed)=True) AND ((dbProductionCard.TransfertToInventory)=True));

It returns a list of products and the last closing date for each.

Except for the last() it's quite easy, but i can't find a way around that last(). I tried this:

Code:
DECLARE @LastOfClosingDate varchar(50)
SET @LastOfClosingDate = (SELECT TOP 1 dbProductionCard.ClosingDate FROM dbProductionCard ORDER BY CardNumberID DESC)

SELECT dbProductionCard.ProductID, @LastOfClosingDate AS LastOfClosingDate
FROM dbProductionCard
GROUP BY dbProductionCard.ProductID, dbProductionCard.Completed, dbProductionCard.TransfertToInventory
HAVING (((dbProductionCard.Completed)=1) AND ((dbProductionCard.TransfertToInventory)=1))

But it returns only the first ClosingDate of the table, not grouping with the ProductID.

So, any1 got an idea? Thx for your time.

Because it's the last row doesn't mean it has the highest value...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back