Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LaserJet 6L error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
My LaserJet 6L briefly flashed an 'engine error' message before going to a paper jam message; there was a jam which I cleared but now am still unable to print. When I submit a print job I get the same paper jam message, even though there clearly is not a jam. The engine error message hasn't appeared again. Tried the suggested unplugging, reset button routine but the indicator light always goes back to amber. Tried the HP help site but not useful.

Any suggestions, or do I need to go shopping? Also, if I get a new printer as a SOHO type guy I could have use for a multifunction printer, but I'm concerned about their reliability vs a straight printer for fairly heavy (100 pg/day) use. Any thoughts? Thanks much.

at a 100 pages a day go with a laser only model and make sure its not a top feed model it will cause more headacks. about the pirnter check the fuser paper hides in there a lot and make sure every thing is put in right like the fuser. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back