Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laserjet 4250n with non-HP toner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB100

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
GB
I inherited a LaserJet 4250m with duplex unit recently. It has a non-HP toner installed so on power-up after the POST the display says
Code:
10.00.00 SUPPLY MEMORY ERROR
and the attention LED flashes. If I press the green 'tick' button it then briefly displays
Code:
NON HP SUPPLY INSTALLED. Economode disabled[code] and then goes to 'Ready'.
I know its a tiny hiccup but is there anyway to disable this check so the green button doesn't need to be pressed (other than buying a genuine HP toner).

Cheers
Andy

Who are you using as your non-OEM toner supplier? I use LD Products with my 2600n and have never had that message. Could just be wonky chips used in your carts. I dont believe there is a section in the software for turning off that message but you would have to look through it closely. Might be on an Admin panel only though....

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back