Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LaserJet 4250DTN - print Bond and Copy problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xunil

Technical User
Dec 17, 2002
GB
Hi all, here we go:

HP LaserJet 4250 DTN on a static IP address with the software installed onto Windows Server 2003 (printer listed in Active Directory and shared from same). All client machines have the printer added from Active Directory and can access and use it for general printing without issues.

I need to be able to print two copies of a document - first copy has to be Bond (on high quality watermarked paper) from tray 3, second copy has to be on plain A4 for records, from tray 2.

I've gone through the printer driver software preferences and saved a profile called bond and another called plain, with each profile having the paper type and so on. I've also gone through the printer on-board config options setting the trays to their respective paper types and size.

I'd like to be able to record a Word Macro to automate the two copy print, but if I record the Macro along the lines of:

Start recording:

File >>

Print >>

Printer properties >>

Select Bond profile >>

Print

Then do the same thing for Copy (essentially going through the File, Print, Print profile selection twice, printing out one copy of the document on each profile).

Stop recording.

Running the Macro spits out two Bond (usually) and also leaves Bond set as the default for subsequent print jobs if the Print icon on the Word toolbar is clicked for a single copy document print.

Recording two Macros, one that runs a Bond print, and then one for the Copy is a little more reliable, but still not 100%. I'd like a custom Word Toolbar button to run a single Macro for the Bond & Copy print job.

The previous printer (LaserJet 4050TN) would do this without issue every time and I set the new printer up more or less the same as I did the old, given the slight difference(s) in the printer on-board config options and software drivers.

It's doing my head in.

Any thoughts appreciated before I go off the rails entirely.

Try updating the firmware, the update often fix tray issues when giving complex tray info to the printer

Thanks for the suggestion but no, it does not seem to be a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back