Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laserjet 2550 with Metaframe XP FR2 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleachlpb

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2003
US
I have a color laserjet 2550 that I am trying to load drivers for on my Citrix box. I realize I will not get color print capability until I upgrade to FR3 - but according to this doc: the driver version I have should be compatable. But, when I am logged onto the server and add the printer and install the drivers - when the driver is finished installing, I get an error:

"Unable to install hp color LaserJet 2550 PCL 6, Windows 2000, Intel driver. Operation could not be completed."

This is the PCL6 version 60.34.41.00 noted as being compatible in the HP and Citrix PDF linked above. Right now, my users are using this printer OK in Citrix, but it is using the Laserjet II driver - and they say that it takes about 3 minutes from the time they print in their application to the time that it actually prints.

I plan to upgrade to XPA FR3 in several months - but is there any way to use the correct driver - or a better driver - to hopefully improve the print times?

I tried to search around the forums for an answer before posting - but the search functionality is down today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back