Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LaserJet 2420 printing extra blank page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottCGI

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
All of a sudden my HP LaserJet 2420 printer is spitting out a blank page after every print job. It is attached to an HP jetdirect box but I can't pinpoint what caused the change or how to fix it. After looking at the printing preferences for it I noticed that "use different paper/covers" was checked under the paper quality tab. I unchecked that thinking that was surely the problem but no go. My print server is windows server 2003 and we do use citrix as well.

Any thoughts?

howdy! is this a shared unit? check all installs of the driver on user pc's. if you can delete them, and make them use the server driver and dont give any permissions.
Swap out the jetdirect card if you can.

Yep, it is shared. Everyone is using the server driver. I did think about swapping out the jetdirect. It very well might come to that if I cannot pinpoint what the issue is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back