Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laserjet 1200 won't print landscape from Win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

chpicker

Programmer
Apr 10, 2001
This is a really odd problem.

We have a Laserjet 1200 printer connected to a Windows 98 machine and shared with the office network. Any attempt to print a document from any Win98 machine in Landscape is ignored. The document comes out in Portrait. It works just fine from any Windows NT/2k/XP machine that I print from. I'm using the latest drivers from HP (which are dated 2001).

Has anyone else seen this? Did you find a way to fix it?

Ian

I have my 1200 on a switch box with a deskjet. I've not had the problem you describe, but sometimes I freeze it when I forget to change the switch before I print. Usually unplugging and replugging the power cord to shut it down solves that problem.
If there is somekind of parameter or settings file that contains information that would be useful to you for comparison purposes, I'd be glad to give you that info if you tell me where/what to look for.
Dave H.

I have my 1200 on a switch box with a deskjet. I've not had the problem you describe, but sometimes I freeze it when I forget to change the switch before I print. Usually unplugging and replugging the power cord to shut it down solves that problem.
If there is somekind of parameter or settings file that contains information that would be useful to you for comparison purposes, I'd be glad to give you that info if you tell me where/what to look for.
Dave H.

Sorry, Morgy, but I don't work there anymore. I didn't find a solution to the problem before I left, either.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back