Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

laserjet 1100 sheet will advance about 2 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

angels2

Technical User
Apr 4, 2004
US
I have a hp laserjet 1100 when I print a test page the printer awakens and the sheet will advance about 2 inches I unplug the printer and plug it back in it will work fine I wait for it to go in standby mode and try to print it is ok but if I let it set for several hours in standby it will advance about 2" and I have to unplug and plug back in to get it to work this only happens after the printer has set either overnight or several hrs I was connected to a win98 system now I am connected to a xp pro system and still having the same problem

We have 5 or 6 of those printers around this facility and we replace the rollers on them every year, just to keep from having the exact kind of problem you describe. Also, we found that really cheap paper seems to make the problem worse. A heavier stock of paper seems to work better.

CF87

I have ordered roller and separation pad for this printer have not received yet just hoping this works

replaced rollers and still having problem when the problem occurs I receive fatal error according to the lights on the printer

Probably a paper sensor.

Paper sensors on most HP printers are in the form of a laser that breaks an IR Transmitter/Receiver pair (it will look like a "U" with a plastic flap that moves in between it).

If these get dusty, they can't tell the position. Blow them out with compressed air. This is a common problem; but still using optical sensors beats the pants off of using physical switches.

Just my $0.02

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back