Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laser Printer on Windows 2000 Network???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreddnews

Technical User
Nov 17, 2002
US
I have a brand new Samsung ML-1710 laser printer that has drivers for both Windows and OSX. I installed the printer on my Windows 2000 Server and shared it out.

My problem is when I try to set up the print on the Mac I can't seem to get the drivers to install. I am on the Print Center and choose SMB or IP printing, either will work, and when I choose the type of printer I don't have a Samsung option. I have downloaded the drivers from Samsung's website but can not seem to get them to install from the Print Center when the printer is on a network connection. Any ideas? I have tried using other printer drivers such as LaserJet drivers from HP, but that only makes the laser printer start to warm up but no print out emerges.

I'd appreciate any help!

I've had the same trouble, but was able to workaround by setting up the printer in CUPS (common unix printing system) Check out the discussion at Apple for the how to on this.

Try using AppleTalk (afp://printername), it is possible that the printer has that turned on by default

If your printer is connect with windows 2000 pc then install PCMAC Lan XP edition on windows machine and then comfigure that printer in the print server option... after that go to ur osx and then comfigure that printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back