Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Large list, functionality loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwycoff3

MIS
Oct 2, 2009
US
The main SharePoint list for my site has 1563 records after we merged several smaller lists into a new list last week. As a result of the migration, it seems that some functionality has been lost: when records are deleted from a datasheet view they are not showing up in the recycle bin, some records have been reported as missing from the list for no reason, the alert me that we set for the list has not been working, versioning is broken, etc.

I am beginning to think this mysterious behavior is related to the size of the list, but I haven't found any evidence in other forums to support my hypothesis. Does anyone have any experience with large lists causing SharePoint to exhibit the strange behavior I have cited above? If not, what else could be causing the problems listed above? Thank you for your help.

Sounds like something is wrong with the list.
I would suggest you create a new list.
Use Manage Content and Structure to move all the individual items to the new list.
This won't work if you have a lookup column (they don't copy over because they use a guid to point to the looked up column).

If that doesn't work I would start looking at the data in the list.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back