Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Large amount of text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2001
US
I am storing text that has been copied from a Word document that is in an outline form with a list of phrases that are preceeded with an indent and a letter eg

A complete installation is a single drop from tap unit to the converter located at the set, includes:

a. All wire routed and attached to cable system specifications
b. Ground per system specifications
c. Displaying of picture where possible
d. All necessary paperwork
e. Money collections, issue of receipts
f. Complete explanation to subscriber
g. Installation of analog converter
h. Straight through VCR Hook-up
i. Installation of trap(s)

The data is stored in a table with a text field. To retrieve it I used the following commands:

SET TEXTSIZE 64512
DECLARE @ptrval varbinary(16)

SELECT @ptrval = TEXTPTR(tst_words)
FROM test
READTEXT test.tst_words @ptrval 0 556

I only get back:

A complete installation from the tap unit in the pedestal to the converter located at the set. Drop line will be trenched four-six inches below ground and sod returned to its original position, includes:
a. All wire routed and attached to cable system sp

If the offset is larger that 556, there is an error message saying:
The offset and length specified in the READTEXT statement is greater than the actual data length of 556.

The data does exist but it will not display.

Help me display all of the text out please.

I am creating text-only reports in Crystal 8 by cutting/pasting text from a Word doc into text fields in Crystal. Is there a better way ? It's a challenge handling page breaks(which Crystal should do automatically) with the margins I need. I started to created multiple pages, but Crystal isn't designed for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back