Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop to Projector 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MI2000

MIS
Dec 5, 2002
US
i had a client that wanted to hook their laptop up to one of my projectors for a presentation. it showed the boot process over the projector all the way trough the windows XP home edition load up screen. after that i get no signal input when it is supposed to be displaying the desktop.

by showing the initial boot and not the desktop, it seems that it is a resolution problem. i'm not real familiar w/ this particular projector but i know it just worked for another collegue of mine very recently(two different laptops and a desktop).

any thoughts

Set the resolution on the laptop to 480x600 and see what you get. There may also be settings in BIOS that allow you to set the refresh rate, set this to 60HZ as a test. If it works you can change it to the best for the projector. The manual for the projector should also have the max specs it will handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back