Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop Printer Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

royhouser

Programmer
May 15, 2002
US
I need to find a connector to plug into my laptop for a printer. It's not a parallel or a serial plug, it's smaller. Any idea what I'm talking about or where to get it? I'm using an old ACER laptop if it helps.

royhouser
[hourglass]
More is lost by Indecision than Wrong Decisions

How about describing what it looks like? Parallel being 25 connector socket, and serial being 25 pin or 9 pin.
You could be seeing a scsi or expansion port, neither of which would be a printer connector.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

You could be very right. It's like no connecter I've ever used. It's a Male connector that looks similar to a Parallel port. It has approximately 45 "pins" and is about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch tall.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

royhouser
[hourglass]
More is lost by Indecision than Wrong Decisions

Beats me. Would suspect a docking station.
Probably time to look at the ACER site.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

The 45 pin jobber also sounds like a docking station to me.

- An online community for copier, laser printer and fax repair techs with forums for the exchange of technical info and advice.

Or to connect an external floppy or CD Rom.
It most certainly is not a printer connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back