Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop not seeing modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodwf

MIS
Sep 20, 2005
CA
I was working on a friends laptop and noticed that when the laptop boots up it doesn't recognise the modem ( Dlink ADSL DSL200), it's connected via usb. To get the laptop to recognise the modem we had to unplug it from the usb port and then plug it back in and then it's recognised. Does anyone know why this happens?
I've reinstalled the drivers and any other relevent software for the modem but the problem persists.

usb port is probably dirty or not working properly

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

Tried another usb port and still the same problem.

have you checked to see if your computer has spyware? i am not too familiar with your specific issue but i will recommend to uninstall and reinstall the modem see if that helps.

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back