Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop Network Connectivity Issue PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjharris1913

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2006
US
I have a Dell Ispirion 2200 Laptop used by our field inspectors. Unfortunately, the laptop is not connecting to the internet, email, the FTP folder that is used, and anything else that involves a connection. They use verizon broadband access cards. We have already contacted verizon to troubleshoot the card, and they stated that it is a issue with the system. The laptop will connect fine when using a network cable. This is happening intermittently and it seems to be resolving itself, but I do not know how and why this is happening.

CAN ANYONE ASSIST IN PROVIDING SOME TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS OR A RESOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!

They use verizon broadband access cards. We have already contacted verizon to troubleshoot the card, and they stated that it is a issue with the system

Typical. Blame it on anything but their equipment. Was the laptop in their hands when they made that assessment? Seems to me that would be the only way to make that call. Can they be more specific than "system"?

Check the PCMCIA sdapters in Device Manager. Is there a Yellow ??? Do other cards work in the slot? Power down, remove the card, and examine the end for broken pins. Make sure the card is fully seated.

You can try uninstalling the card in Device Manager and rebooting, then reloading the Verizon card drivers.

BTW you may have better results here:
as this is the hard drive forum.

Best of luck.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back