Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

laptop hole speaker sound not work How i repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahm1985

Programmer
Dec 6, 2012
EG
Hi guys i have laptop toshiba i try to listen to some music or any sound in headphone sound come outside headphone
i try o put green jack and red jack in both hole in laptop but it not work i take the headphone and test it in another laptop toshiba it works good and sound come good in headphone not outside computer.
this meaning problem in laptop speaker hole not in jack headphone
i try to cleaning hole from dust but no benefit and not work
sound work good
but listening hole in laptop not work
i go to device manager to check no yellow or red mark in headphone or sound nothing found
and i also formate windows and install windows same problem come
Can any one tell me how i repair it if possible

Let me see if I understand this. When headphones plugged into audio out port, the sound continues to come out the speakers and not the headphones. Headphones work okay on another laptops audio output port. Either there is something wrong with the audio output port, or the motherboard. So, take the motherboard model, and see if the audio jacks are on a separate board, if so, may have a loose connection to the motherboard causing the issue. Or if the jacks are soldered directly to the motherboard, it will need to be replaced, the jack, if you are very good with a solder pencil, or the motherboard itself if you are not.

What is the make and model of the laptop? Have you reinstalled or repair installed the OS since this last worked? Do you have the latest audio driver installed? Does the sound manager come up when you plug either a speaker/mic/headphones in one of the jacks?

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back