Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Laptop dell inspiron 1120 stuck on boot manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaineyma

Technical User
Jul 27, 2006
GB
a dell netbook with no cd drive keeps getting stuck on startup with the windows cannot start and access bnoot manager error, reinstall wjndows or run repair a recent software or hardware change has caused this issue....this is the type or error that comes up.
I have the usb which I created from dell. I did a new install which went fine. When the computer restarted it keeps saying windows cannot start... hardware chages etc do the following restore etc. But I cant go to restore. Its a legit laptop with legit usb software. Its a net book so no cd drive
error:
Windows boot manager.. windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software changes might be thr cause. To fix problem do this... but none work. At the bottom it has status : 0xc000000f
Any help? thanks

Are there any built-in diagnostics you can run for the netbook?

If not, you're going to need a USB CD drive so you can boot to a CD that has a memory test and hard drive test on it. You need to verify the hardware first. Then you could boot to windows repair mode and do a "repair startup items".

Check out this Link here. You can also make a repair usb drive Here. You will need to be able to get to the recovery console to type in the commands from the first link.

Does your machine come with any type of Recovery Partition? Most new machines come with a Recovery Partition allowing you to go back to the time of purchase, you will have to check your user guides for instructions. Choosing that path requires you to save all valuable data first.

Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Factory Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back