Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Language annoyance

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmonett

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
FR
This is not an important question, but it is something that irks me to no end.
I live in France, my keyboard is Azerty, but when I installed Windows, I specified English as the language to use. I'm a programmer, and I simply cannot work in any other language.
So, given that the Install screen is very explicit (language, keyboard, money format), and makes a clear difference between what language Windows is supposed to use and what keyboard you have, it really annoys me when I install a new program and the install screen comes up in French. That means that, when the install is done, the first thing I have to do is find the language settings and change to English - again.
What's up with that ? Where is the confusion and, more importantly, what can be done to correct this stupid issue ?
Thank you for any pointers, and good luck to us all in 2021.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back