Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Landscape shows as Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrmc

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
CA
Hello

Using Excel 2000.... setting the page as landscape in page setup. The print preview shows as portrait, and it prints as protrait.

Normally Excel print-settings should "override" any "printer-default" settings. However, you might try looking at and perhaps try changing the default settings.

1) From the Windows Desktop, click: Start - Settings - Control Panel.

2) Click the "Printers" icon.

3) Double-click on the printer name

4) From the menu, click on: Printer - Printing Preferences...

5) The "tabs" at the top of the next screen might be different depending on your version of Windows. But check each "tab" for the Portrait / Landscape settings.

On my PC (Windows 2000), there is a "Basics" tab. Under this tab, there is "Orientation", under which is:
Portrait, Landscape, and "Rotated".

I hope this might help. :)

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

check print preview without making any changes to the orientation. Sometimes the document is set to print landscape by default

Thanks guys

Its my printer driver, if I select another printer on the network, my print preview works properly and it prints landscape. About 3 quarters of the network workstations have been upgraded to XP pro from NT 4 along with the printer drivers (enabled for NT4, 2000, XP). Obviously they don't like to work together.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back