Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Landscape Print Queues

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulywog

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2001
US
I am running a AIX 4.2 server, with a medical software package installed which uses the Universe database. I've got printers on jetdirect boxes. Before I came the consulting company set up landscape driver files that pointed to the unix queue. I can't get it to work. Here's what I've done:

added print queue in smit
added ip address and queue name in /etc/hosts
set up driver file in /var/spool/uv - f98.drvr (this is the portrait driver)
then we set up another driver file like f198.drvr which includes the following text
echo "\033&l1o6C\033(s17H\c" > /tmp/f198
cat /tmp/f198 - | lp -d"f98"
rm /tmp/f198

I have tried this same thing for a new print queue - f93 and I can't get it to print in landscape. The physical printer is a deskjet 990C color series.

Sorry this is so confusing. I'm new to unix and am stumbling through some of this stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a shell script I wrote that prints landscape. E-mail me and I'll send it to you. It is simply a command line option to the "qprt" program.

Bill. (WVerzal@komint.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back