Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LAN/Router problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gareth99

Programmer
Oct 26, 2001
GB
ok. I have a LAN here in Malaysia which connects to the internet via a router. I am trying to dial in to our server in the UK and I have Firewall usernames and passwords. However, the uk server does not like our router - does not like the IP address apparently, but I have already tried changing this and it still doesnt work. The problem is basically that it is not secure if the connection goes through a router and we are trying to find another solution apart from buying a firewall for the malaysia end.

uk router is cisco i think
malaysia router is zyxel prestige 400
local ISP connection in malaysia via router/isdn line

both sites running on novell netware

software..... Sun Systems Accounting Software running on citrix program neighborhood on server in UK. malaysia PCs also have citrix installed and have the IP address for the citrix server as their path thing.

using vpn1 secu-remote authentication software - this works ok when i dial in from my own (non-networked) lap-top - it recognises me and lets me in.

Our router set up to act as a dhcp server (i think!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back