Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lan - ping works but can't see computers in explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenjon

Programmer
Jan 9, 2004
CA
Hi,
We have a small network at my work. We have connected our computers through a hub. I have got two problems that I hope that someone can help me with!

1. My computer can see the other computers and I can use their shared files but they can only see my computer on the network but they do not have any access to my shared folders. I have gone through the steps that Microsoft help & support suggest - gone through the network wizard, check that my folder is shared etc.

2. I have also tried to put my laptop on the network and set that up in the same workgroup as the others computers are in. I can ping the others computer but I can't see them or search for them in explorer.

I really hope someone can help, because I am about to pull out my hair because of my frustration over this.

Cheers,
Jennie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back