Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lan Desk on Novell Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octavius

MIS
May 20, 2002
GB
It has been suggested we place LanDesk client on our NW4.11 and Nw5.11 servers to 'help' with the management of the network. Now I am concerned about placing this product on any of our Novell Servers. All servers have the latest service packs and out tree is healthy.

We as Server Admins on the client site have a preference to Zen For Servers and are trying to encourage this. However pressure from our 'senior' off site non-Novell tech teams is being applied. Can anybody give me their views or experiences of using Landesk on Novell servers. Positive or negative as I need to know both sides of the coin if I am going to press the case for the Novell product. Unfortunalty the fact Zen is made by Novell and is designed for the tasks we need does not seem to sway thier mindset of MS based solutions.

I've tried checking on Landesk websites, but they have no where near the depth of information you get from Novell for Zen.

Cheers for any help.

Leigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back