Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LAN CTE not finding lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndr99

Programmer
Jun 5, 2016
CA
Frustrated!

I had it working at one time - but since a clean reinstall of my office computer (Windows 7 Pro SP1), I can't get the LAN CTE installer from my BCM 3.7 to pick up any lines from the BCM on my network. It throws the error "Line Add Provider Error: Operation Failed." and later, "Can't retrieve RPC Network Address"

I can ping the BCM - access its homepage, softphone 2050 works, but Personal Call Manager won't work anymore.

I've added privileges for the machine name, user account, IP address, all to no avail...what am I missing here? The machine won't enable any TAPI drivers to access the BCM...? Tried DOS command TCMSETUP /C machinename, but no dice.

Resorting to Virtual Machine with Windows 98SE doesn't work either...so I believe its a setting on the BCM that I have missed or a service inadvertently disabled...

Any ideas?

Are you 32 or 64 bit? 64 is not supported.
Otherwise maybe try running setup as administrator.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I've got 64-bit. D'oh haven't tried setting it up as administrator yet...!

Naaa. That didn't work.

Strange - I had this working before...maybe i had a different version?

You sure you had 64 bit before? I am under the impression it will not work on 64 bit because Tapi was only design for 32 bit back then.

Try XP Virtual 32 bit on your 64bit host.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back