Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LAG Configs on P333R's and P333T's

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacosta

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
All,

I have been able to configure VLAN trunking on my fiber uplinks and bind all vlans to it. Problem is that I also have dual ethernet connections setup as a lag incase I have a problem with my fiber. The problem comes in is that documentation on LAGs is very little. I need to be able to know how to enable and disable a lag as well as setup trunking on the lag. When ever I try to do any changes to the port that are in the lag it seems not to care because it using the info on the lag. How do I bind the lag to all VLANs?

First configure the first port of the LAG ( base port) with all the right properties e.g. VLAN, speed duplex etc. then afterwards create the LAG with that port as the base port , the LAG will then inherit the properties of the base port , furhermore remember to allways use a one-to-one mapping with the base ports on both sides.

Regards
Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back