Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Labels producing Error "#Name?" instead of fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobile2

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
GB
I have recently set-up a label wizard which was working fine. But recently, some users pcs are generating "#Name?" instead of the field contents. Does this have anything to do with "Trim" which is automatically inserted before the field name in design view? Another reason I think it could be is that MS Access add-ins are no longer on the PCs? therefore MS Acccess is not allowing them view the Label wizard properly? I would be grateful if anyone knows the solution this problem. Thank you

On the pcs that are generating the errors, check for missing references.

Open any code module, then select TOOLS|REFERENCES from the menu.

If any reference libraries are marked MISSING you will need to remove them and select a replacement library.

HTH
Lightning

I am unsure what references the Label wizard is looking for. There seem to be quite a few missing and I will have to find out who controls them as our PCs are networked. Until I find out what reference is required I plan not to use the Label Wizard which produces the "Trim" function.

Thanks for your advice

Look at the references on the pc where you developed the Label wizard, and ensure that the problem pc's have the same references. Your label wizard should be fine then.

HTH
Lightning

I am not sure if the problem was a network problem and has fixed itself or if it had something to do with me tidying up the query source - but everything is working okay now. I do not have any missing reference files either. Oh well - panic over!!

Lightning

As discussed before my Access 97 wizard labels were producing an error #Name?. They are still working fine but now they are producing #Error. The label fields are produced from a paramater query and I think this is happening because there is no result from the query. Can I build in a message box somewhere that tells the user there are no labels available, before it previews the label report and shows the #Error message. Would be grateful for your advice. Thanks

Thanks, but problem is fixed on all pcs.

Just for information, what was the actual error and solution?

Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back