Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Labels and page breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcVeigh

Instructor
Mar 27, 2003
US
I need to print only one label that is 5" wide and 3" long onto a tractor feed label.
I have tried a few different options, but no matter what, each time I print one label, one prints and then it spits out 3 blank ones.
I believe this is due to the page length setup of 11 1/2 inches - so I go to change the page and I don't have any option to choose from that allows the page length to be 3".

I am using a Panasonic KX-P1124i printer with the tractor feed of continuous labels.
Any ideas would be most welcome as to how I can get this to work...
thanks in advance //jam

the size of the page is not adjustable from the Crystal side.

Go to Control Panel - Printer
Click on the printer that you have shown and select Properties

There should be a tab called PAPER with Paper Size inside.

If you cannot select a 5" wide by 3" paper size....select Custom (hopefully this is available...it is on my Canon printer)...this will allow you to specify the width and height of a custom sheet of paper....save it

Now in Crystal....go to Printer setup and select Custom and this should be the size that you just set up.

This is a bit deadly if you are distributing this to other people since they will have to configure their "Custom" page the same.

I hope this helps

Jim Broadbent

The quality of the answer is directly proportional to the quality of the problem statement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back