Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

labeling tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKeller

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2003
DE
Hi,

I want to clear a bar-code-labeled-tape...
Can I relabel a bar-code-labeled-tape?

Thanks
Peter

Hi

i think you should try something like
nsrmm -l -m -f <device-name> -R
the -R option is for Relabeling

Hi

I use nsrjb -L -j jukebox -Y -b pool -S slot-slot -i

does anyone know the difference between nsrmm and nsrjb ?

nsrmm is for non-jukebox devices, and the switches between it and nsrjb are slightly different.

nsrmm -lyb poolname -f device label

Actually nsrmm will work with any device defined, including those in the jukebox. You would have to load a tape into a device before using nsrmm.

Use nsrjb to label a tape in the jukebox so that it can automatically tape a tape from a slot, put it into a drive and label it. nsrmm cannot do all this.

Hi

you can change vol to recycle mode. when networker need volume to backup it will do automatic relable.

:)

can you change all the tapes of a jukebox to recycle mode automatically ?

Changing volumes to be mode=recyclable can only be done on a per volume basis. There isn't one command that will set all the tapes in the jukebox to recyclable.

However, you can probably run a combination of commands to perform the desired results. Run nsrjb to list the contents of the jukebox, then pipe the output to nsrmm to set them to recyclable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back