Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Label back colour changes when editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrekBiker

Technical User
Nov 26, 2010
GB
I've inherited a database where the forms' text box labels have an irritating back colour change when clicking text to edit it, making the text very hard to read.

Where is this coming from?

Duane

The Back Color of each label is set to No Color, Back Style to Transparent.

Since you are referring to label controls, I expect there might be some VBA code in the On Focus of the associated text boxes that changes the label background format properties.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Bit mystified because none of the text boxes has an event attached. Even searched the entire project for 'BackColor' and it doesn't appear in the code.

As I said, I searched the code window globally for Color or BackColor and neither was found.[sub][/sub]

What about clicking on one of the label/textboxes seeing what its name is in the properties window and search for that in the vba code and see if something shows up that may be related to colouring?

Did you try to step thru the code "when clicking text to edit it"?
That may be the easiest way to find out where and how the BackColor of the label is changed.

Have fun.

---- Andy

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

Any chance those labels are actually text boxes and you have conditional formatting?

Thanks for responses

sxschech - did a search for one label name and there's no reference to it anywhere in the code

Andrzejek - I'm just in Design View when this happens, so no code running.

MajP : definitely a label. It also happens if I insert a new unbound label and expand it out, when it fills with a colour like red wine

I find it's specific to certain existing forms. If I create a new blank form and add a label it's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back