Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Label 1' appears briefly at beginning of file

Status
Not open for further replies.

harky

Technical User
Oct 29, 2001
GB
Hi

I have a file which, when opened, the text 'Label 1' appears for a brief second at the beginning. Does anyone know why this is and how to get rid of it?

Thanks
Harky

I have a box, when you open it, there's a light. How can I get rid of it?

Harky, we need to know what kind of file you are opening!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] The dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac, lays awake all night wondering...
"Is there really a DOG?" [tongue][/sub]

Sorry, it's a Word document. Sarcasm much appreciated.

Cheers

You may have a ToolBox Control in your document.

Right-click the toolbar and select Control ToolBox

Toggle the Design Mode ON.

Edit/Select All

Edit/Label Object Edit

this will identify a label.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] The dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac, lays awake all night wondering...
"Is there really a DOG?" [tongue][/sub]

Skip is correct is making identification of Control labels...however, I am more interested (if it IS a control label) in your statement that it appears "briefly".

You state that when you open the document, there is "text" of "Label1" in the document, and then it disappears????

Please confirm this. If this is correct, then not only is there likely a Control label, but there is also code that is doing something.

This could be significant.

Is this a cloned document from a template? A normal .DOC file? Skip may have been sarcastic, but his point is valid. When you post questions, it is crucial to give us as much detail as possible. In particular:

what application, what version, details of any error messages (not just "I get an error"). Things like that. The more detail given, including what you may have done to try and fix your issue, the more it is possible that we can help.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back