Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LAB 3640 Access Router Config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTexx

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2007
US
I think I may have posted this in the wrong thread before. I think I am in the right place now..

I am trying to set up a Lab (CCNA) using the following equipment.

1. 3640 as an Access/Terminal Server ( I will connect to this via console, I won't access via network)

2. Two 2600 series Router

3. One 2800 series Router

4. Another 3600 router

5. 3 Catalyst switches 12 Port, two 48 Ports.

The first thing I want to do is configure the 3640 Access server, what configuration can I use for this router. I have just been able to find configurations using the 2500 series routers as a jump servers.

I have an 8 lead Octal cable with HD68 to (8) RJ45 connector ends. This will connect from the 3640 to the other devices console ports (cable will connect from ASYNC module interface 0-7 on the 3640).

I have WIC 1T & 2T cards and correct cables for all the other routers to connect to each other. I want to first get the terminal server going. Any help with the correct configs would be appreciated or a link to configs for the 3640 access router.

The configuration should be similar to a 2500 series

The 3600 series have special line numbers depending on the slot that you use:

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Thanks a lot for the info. Unclerico, I will try it and see how it works out.

Thank you very much for your help unclerico, those links were helpful. I was able to successfully configure the 3640 as an access router. I quickly learned having the async module in slot 3 wasn't the best option and moved it to slot 0 which gave me the line numbers I required. I was also able to connect the other 4 routers via serial to each other and have been practicing a few basic labs. Once again thanx..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back