Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

L700E Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedrivedoctor

Technical User
Apr 21, 2004
GB
Does anyone have L700 code later than 3.01.02. I have IBM FC LTO's in mine and I have just updated the LTO firmware to 3CKE. When I done this the Library now doesn't recognise the drives. They come up as unknown.

thanks

PS. I have a CRC login, but only for L40, L80

Go to and create an account. From here you will be able to download the L700 code.

Do you not have support on the library? If you do, call your local CE to do this. It is very easy to corrupt the code on these libraries.

tried to get a login for L700. they told me to use my existing login, which only gives L40 support. I have registered both products with Storagetek. Have been going round in circles trying to get help from them.

I just went onto the site and they do not have any L700 code to download right now. This must be a required StorageTek CE install...

Thanks,
what I need to do now is get IBM LTO firmware 27Q1, to allow the Library to see the drives. Again this is not available from STK.

As mentioned above, STK created the CE role specifically for these tasks. If you're in dire straits, call support and ask to speak with the situation manager who's on call. Don't waste time with a level three engineer - talk to someone who can take action.

hi..

the latest microcode is v. 3.07.00 for the L700

ANY CSE of STK have to provide and download the microcodes for both libary and tape drives.!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back