Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

L40 CAP not closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechyG

Vendor
Oct 22, 2009
ZA
Hi,

We have a L40 library. if u push the select button the CAP open, but when u r trying to close it, you can't.

When u open the door and push the release button from the inside then it close.

It's like the release "button" is to far out and prevents the CAP from closing - if u push the release "button" also just a small "fraction" then it closes...

I know these L40's r EOL...

Does any person have the service notes the above...

I looked through the L40 service manual and could not find any info regarding the above...

Any advise.

Thank u

I've had that problem before. It was the sliding mechanism under the CAP. You have to take the CAP assembly out to get at it. You won't get any help from the service guide, the CAP isn't even mentioned - you have to work out for yourself how to get the CAP out :-(

Hi STKman,

Thank u for replying... I thought about that...

I will have to wait for change control to take it apart...

Can this sliding mechanism be prepared or must it be replaced... these L40 are EOL...

Thanks!

Our workshop L40 had the fault. It took some abuse as it was the training machine. It was fixed when we bought another one for parts. In our case a bit plastic was broken on the carriage under the CAP, so I just replaced it. It was part number 313662701.

Hi STKman,

Thank you once again... the P/N is for the L40/L80 Cap Latch...

Yep. That's what was faulty - the latch. I was using the wrong name. I thought the slider was another name for the latch, but they are separate parts. The slider is just a little rail thing and was OK.

Hi STKman,

I managed to get a spare latch... I replaced it yesterday. I compared the new latch with the old one... I noticed as u said that it is only a small piece of "plastic" that broke off. I will try to "fix" the broken latch...

Thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back