Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

L20: IBM LTO1 drives firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjames55

Technical User
Mar 17, 2007
DK
Hello all,

I have bought on of these nice litte libraries, and but would like to get my drive firmware a bit more current. I have two ibm LTO1 drives in it with firmware 27Q1. Is it at all possible to do this upgrade without storagetek support? i have looked for the special stk firmware versions with no results? anyone have access to the code/tools for these drives?

TIA,
jesper james

It is difficult to get STK firmware without an STK maintenance contract, and any individuals or companies who might have access to what you need cannot propogate it as I understand the situation.

What you can do however, is speak to a tape drive repair company in your country and confirm they can upgrade your drive firmware as part of a "clean/refurbishment" service. As the drive has nothing wrong with it, it should not cost you much. As it is an IBM, when you get the drive back you can make a code tape from it and flash the other drive.

regards,
TorxBit.

Hello, yes that is correct, but from what i've heard LTO drives in storagetek libraries need special storagetek firmware else the library will not work with them. If somebody has proof that it can be made to work anyway i would like to know how..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back