Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

L180 Problem any ideas please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris969404

Technical User
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have an L180 which fails immediately after camera calibration and rech checks. As soon as it tries to run cell audit it fails.
The following parts have been replaced:
1 Hand Assembly (Three times)
2. MPC card
3. Both Power supplies (dual power supplies fitted)
4. Z motor
5. Theta motor.
6. Z Flex cable.
Prior to changing the power supplies out and the Z flex cable it ran for three hours.
All FSCs called out are covered by these FRUs.
Has anyone met this sort of problem. The customer has dual power supplies to this box and both are good.
btw it does a slow sweep prior to the Camera calibration, normally.

Hey Chris, what is the FSC? Is it failing the reach/proximity check? If it is failing the Master Target Cal., you might want to make sure the Master Target is clean.
Let me know what the FSC is and I might be able to give you more Ideas. Also, do any of these hands give you the "drive not functional" error?

I've had weird problems like this before on the L180 & L700. It has always been combinations of faults, such as you fitting a good MPC card which gets blown by a bad z-cable either and you carry on thinking the MPC is good when in fact its now duff and you go round in circles.

If you still have a 100% good L180 or L700 (such as a training machine) then take out the hand, MPC and z-Flex and change these three all at once and you will fix it, I'm 99% certain. (1% doubt because of the coiled cable in the machine roof!

THank you for you assistance. It turned out to be heat related. Fitted new fans and all ok. Each time i checked them they were running obviously slowing down with use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back