Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kyocera Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2002
GB
Out of all my computer problems ever, this one is frustrating me the most.
I have a Kyocera Mita FS-3800 printer, which until recently has been working fine. However, after an office move around the printer has been installed on a different PC. It has it's own NIC and IP address, and is installed as a local printer on a W2K server, and then added as a network printer on A W2K workstation.
Printing a largish document (anything over 6 pages) causes the printer to churn out loads of garbage without fail on the 6th page onwards, and will only stop if you cancel the print on the printer.
I have tried numerous drivers, from the original CD and also from the web, and also run the Deleter Tool from the Kyocera website before trying new drivers.
This happens on any PC now, and it's driving me mad. Is it the printer, server or workstations?

Please help!

Just as an added piece of info, it works perfectly if setup on LPT1, so I suppose I could just setup an old workstation to act as a print server.

Just a thought, what happens if you map the network ID to your LPT port.

Net Use LPT1 \\ipadress

Then your Computer thinks that printer is located locally...just a thought to try

Fraid it does exactly the same. It can't be the driver, as I've tried every different version with the same outcome, and I have other printers of the same model working perfectly. Can a printer really cause this problem internally??

What brand of NIC is it and what kind of data are you trying to print?
It could be, that the printer misses some PCL commands over the network and therefore doesn't know how to handle the data.
Another thing, if you are using a KX driver, try go use PCL5e instead of PCL XL. PCL XL have been known give give some problems. This setting is in properties->settings (I think, I have the danish driver. it's the one just before "about")-> PDL.

Let me know how it works out :)

Morten Nielsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back