Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Kyocera 7135 GPS -ANYONE?? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smcmanus2001

Programmer
Jan 15, 2002
CA
I have a Kyocera 7135, (Apparently) with A-GPS. An I am trying to get access to the Locations Information, that should be availiable. I know this is avaliable on other Phone OS combinations, like the Motorola JAVA phones, they have released a API for GPS access. And it is used currently by a trucking firm.

Does anyone have information either good or bad??? I can't get anyone at either Kyo, Palm, or Mobile Phone Provider to even say the Letters GPS??

I have a Annotation to my own question, The Kyocera has GPS and it can be accessed by the following. Maintenance Access Key Sequence. On the Phone Screen, enter "111111" this will add a additional Option which will give you a Tech Screen, if you go to Debug then you will have the ability to view the GPS position.

Hey I have the same unit - I tried your method and I couldn't believe it when the options changed... but I need the "Field Service Code" to go any farther. Anyone know about this?
Cheers
Chris

Later

I have the Same Problem, I have some associates that have some connection to BellMobility in Canada here. To see if I can get a Service code. Too bad, my phone is from verizon, you can use all 0's 000000. they have all the phons customized in Canada Unfortunately :(.

This bites. I bought my phone from Telus meaning I own it outright. So I want full access to it. I haven't asked for the code yet but I know it will be a hassle... Anyway I am going to keep trying, there are 6 digits so that is 10^6 = 1,000,000 combinations. I guess I will start at 000001 lol.
I'll repost if I find anything out
Chris

Later

All 1's works for me but does anyone have the field service code for Telstra AUS?
Did get a "only designed to support 911 emergency. Buy your own external GPS antenna" response from Kyo.
Is there a location in memory that is constantly updated with the GPS data that we can peek at? :)

Darn, the Telus, Field Service code doesn't work for Bell Mobility :(

And I'm with you on that Buzwrd. I've done everything but pray outside the Bell Mobility building in Toronto. (And there is no way thats gonna happen :)

I am trying to enter either the 1's or the 0's. how on the phone screen are you doing this?

j

ok, so I got the screen up, now all 0's? no readings on lat/long or anything. How long to acquire?

j

I hate you redrangie, I have been trying for months to get the lat long screen up.:( The lat long depends on what your phone provider has implimented, it uses the signal from the multiple 1X towers, to determine the position of your phone. The 1X towers also neeed GPS units on them, and need to be able to send out the proper signals for the Phone. I can't even get the lat long screen, so I couldn't tell you how the Cell phone providers are doing on the Upgrades. I'm guessing there will be a better chance of geting a lat long in the city.

I talked to a person at verizon today. they said that in the us, they have not activated the passive signal yet. They only target by phone ID when e911 is activated. This doesn't sound right knowing what I know about how a network like this would run. Unless they really are only initializing a port/server ip to take incoming traffic for each 911 activation. Seems more trouble than it's worth.

Also, you need to change your phone prefs for location sensor to continuous instead of e911 only.

j

Has anyone found any further info about accessing the GPS data on the 7135 programaticlly? I have been to the screen that everyone talks about above, and everything is blank (Verizon territory)... would be real nice to be able to get to the GPS data programatically... any updates would be greatrly appreciated.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back