Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

kxtda 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0mmUN1cAt0r

Technical User
Nov 24, 2006
GB
Has any one had this issue. Installed a kxtda 30 for a customer around 1 1/2 years ago, they system has an ogm card installed. Each month, on avergae, the ogm card stops working. This is rectified by dialling remotely into the system and restarting it. The strange thing is everything on the system has been replaced, programming, system, card etc really strange. This has been passed to panasonic but so far no answers,

I have a few TDA30's with OGM but never had a problem,
I know you said you changed the programming but does that mean you also upgraded the software version, by that I don't just mean the pmpr file but the complete SD file?

I've had heaps do it lately. I just tell the customer to reset the system. That has always fixed it.

I've spoken to Pana and they don't have any ideas either. Another 'undocumented feature' I guess

yeah everything got upgraded, we didnt leave a stone unturned! pana are currently monitoring sites in holland with the same issue but our customer is getting impatient that we have to reset monthly. It does seem slightly suspicious that it occurs monthly, could there be a bug in a clock setting somewhere, just out of interest where are you both located, just wondering if it maybe a batch issue only on certain systems or ogm cards?

I have similar problem. But this happen very rare and in different systems. I do restart, nothing else.I think this is a conflict or system malfuction. Tda 30 work with software.

BTW have you changed the box, I'm wondering if it might be a back plane issue?
I think that the Euro TDA30 and the Aust TDA30 are the same(or very similar), Is there any correlation with the age of the affected units?
Interesting problem!

have you tried a system software upgrade?

peter

Are you 100% sure its the card locking up and its not a case of the line not disconnecting properly and a call being trapped in the OGM card?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

I'm in Aust too. I know for sure the lines have disconnected properly so thats not it. I've tried an upgrade which didn't seem to do anything.

I'm putting money on it being some sort of buggy clock issue. Mind you, it could also be a faulty batch of OGM cards because none of the new systems we install are having any dramas.

yeah, have swapped the system out, the ogm card and upgraded to the latest software but still the fault reoocurs, I wouldnt know how to proove if something is getting caught up in the system, the main problem we have with this fault is how it occurs monthly so we cant be on site when it occurs, we havent however had the problem occur since 26/06/07 which is interseting but we havent made any changes to the system to warrant it being ok now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back